Hi everyone, welcome to my newest Marathon Training update. I'm sorry that my updates have not been as regular as normal, I have been off running due to a chest infection.
My last update saw me resting my very painful shin on Tuesday. I was due to do a 5km on Wednesday and another on Thursday as well as a Harrier session but I came down with a chest infection which made running a real struggle. I decided to take three days off to try and recover.
I started again on Friday and did 1.5 miles, then took my dog for a walk / run for 2 miles. Although both sessions were gentle and easy (bar my dog trying to trip me up several times) it felt nice to be running again after 3 very long days off!!
I was too busy to do any personal running at the weekend but I did go for a few runs around the field with the dog and a ball, we covered around 5 miles in total for the 2 days.
Yesterday was the first day I really ran properly in a week so I was relieved to know that I had a 10km run to do with a client. We did 7.01 miles in total (I even had to add a lap of the car park as we were only on 6.89 miles!! I bet a few runners out there can relate to this OCD that I have picked up!).
Today (Tuesday 2nd) I have done 3.77 miles with a client and a 1.56 mile run / walk with Mollie (my dog). I am re-fueling now and will be doing 4 miles with another client later on down by the river followed by my own training at the Harriers - first time in a week so I'm sure it will be hard. That is today's plan but the Harrier session depends on whether my chest and legs hold out until then.
Thank you for taking the time to read my latest training blog, if you would like more information about my fitness business then please visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find and like my page on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT.
Pop back for more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment