Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Marathon training August 2013

Hi everyone, im sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been super busy running my business and helping clients get ready Great North Run!

I want to highlight the importance of being patient with your body and your fitness. People often easily under estimate how long it takes to make a big improvement to health and fitness especially if they are very unfit or are coming back from an injury. I hope you can take a positive from this blog to apply to yourself if you are in a similar situation.

My training recently took a big hit when my ability to run was stopped dead by my shin splint. I'm pleased to say that it has healed now and there is no pain *Touch wood*.

I have done a little bit of running lately and have covered 50 miles this month so im feeling a bit more normal now. I also try to do a small strength workout each day (5 times per week) which has helped me keep up my fitness level. I feel that it is all too easy to lose motivation and fitness over a small amount of time and I was out for nearly 4 weeks.

I noticed during one of my faster paced runs that I had to stop and walk for a minute to regain composure. Since I only went 5 miles I was pretty annoyed at this but the lesson I learnt was to be patient. As a trainer I tell my clients that fitness takes a long time to build and I now feel every bit of their frustrations!

Never mind, today is a different day so im going to try some speed work with a client later tonight and see how that goes. I will also be attempting a longer run on Saturday morning in the park, I hope for about 8 - 10 miles but we will see. Stay tuned and I will let you know how I get on.

Always persist,  the only thing that comes with giving up is regret and life is too short. Go out, train and get to your goals!

Thank you for taking time to read my blog.

For more information about my fitness business and the packages I offer go to my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com,  visit my Facebook page by searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT.

Come back for more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment