I have had a lot of clients coming to me for help with 'flattening' or toning their stomach. When I've asked what kind of exercises they have tried they usually reply with "I do lots of sit ups and other ab specific exercises". This is all well and good but I have had to explain where they have been going wrong and would like to share my views with you all.
Firstly, take a look at your body - if you have fat over your abdominals the sit ups and crunches will be toning the muscles but not helping with the fat loss, so in theory you may have fantastic abs which are hidden, "a wash board with too much washing on it" as one of my friends describes it!! A little crude I know but hopefully you can laugh at that!! :-)
I always say that you can't really target a certain area when trying to lose fat and change your body shape, for me it's all about full body exercises which are high intensity for fat loss. Not necessarily all cardiovascular either as some people may think. I like a good mixture of CV and Strength training for a good, effective workout.
Secondly you are looking at your diet. Even if you do proper workouts 4 -5 times per week your body isn't likely to change much if your diet is high in sugary foods or foods drenched in saturated fats. My diet isn't 100% amazing all of the time, as a trainer I do eat healthily for the majority of the time but as a 23 year old woman I do like to have a treat now and again. Everything in moderation.
I currently have lots of clients working specifically on diet and toning the stomach area and they are doing extremely well following my advice and program's, some of them are losing up to 3 inches per week off their stomach alone!!
If you are seeking advice about how to get the perfect summer stomach then I hope this blog has helped a little.
If you would like any more information about my fitness business or any of my packages and prices then please visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find me on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT.
Thank you for taking time to read my blog, check back soon for more updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment