Friday, 23 August 2013

Everything in moderation

Hi Everyone.

Firstly I would like to thank you for the amazing support of my last two blog entries! It is lovely to know that people are reading and enjoying what I have to say.

Today's blog is about my way of training and eating - Everything in MODERATION!

I am not now and never have been the kind of trainer to tell a client what they can't eat, I do believe the strategy of cutting out EVERYTHING bad works for some people but for me personally and quite a lot of my clients it would never work.

I know quite a few people who have followed the 'No Carbohydrate' diet and yes, it worked for a while and I must admit that they looked really good BUT what happens after you have finished this diet and you get down to goal weight? Do you have to cut out Carbs forever to maintain your figure and keep losing? Or do you pile the weight back on again now you're allowed carbs? Neither of which sound like much fun to me.

I'm the kind of person that absolutely LOVES food!! I eat a tonne of food everyday (perhaps not an actual tonne), I don't count calories or fat / sugar content because I tend to eat REAL food. By 'real' food I mean fruit, vegetables, home made sauces, everything fresh. I do this because I can really keep an eye on what exactly I eat. Don't get me wrong I like a treat just as much as the next person, really sweet things like chocolate and jellies or take out like chinese or pizza BUT one bad meal won't damage your body if the rest of your diet is balanced and healthy just like one good meal won't make you healthy if the rest is junk. This is what I mean by moderation (a bit of everything).

Go and pick up a tin, jar or packet from your cupboard / freezer / fridge. Read the ingredients and tell me if you recognize ALL of them. I bet 90% of you can't identify at least 20% of what is in processed food because there are so many chemicals. PLEASE don't treat your body like a bin, It is the only one you have and it is supposed to last a lifetime!

The same applies to exercise. 3 - 5 varied workouts per week is great for a nice healthy lifestyle but who has the time to do this? Am I right? Keep in mind that a 'workout' does not have a specific duration. You can take 20 minutes out of your day in TWO 10 minute blocks and do some high intensity work, i'm sure even the busiest of people can find 20 minutes in 24 hours!

I balance my diet and exercise and make sure that my diet is working in favor of my exercise schedule (this is when you might want some advice from a Fitness Professional). It's really not as hard as you may think! Give moderation a go for a few weeks and see if your health improves. Add 3 workouts into your routine, even if they are only 20 minutes long. I'm sure you will be surprised with what you can achieve!

If you would like some help with planning meals with exercise or making an effective 20 minute workout suited to YOU then get in touch via any of my sites below OR please leave a comment on the bottom of this blog!

Thanks for reading!

If you would like any information about my Fitness Business then please visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, Find me on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or Follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT.

Check back tomorrow for my next update!



No comments:

Post a Comment