Hi everyone, I hope this blog finds you well.
Today I want to discuss fitness and exercise as well as my personal story.
At school I was never a sporty person, I hated P.E in any shape or form and sports day was my nightmare. I wasn't much good at running even though I was told that I had "the legs" for it. Didn't have much hand eye co-ordination so ball games were a big no and I didn't feel that the teachers liked me much. It seemed that if you weren't naturally gifted then you didn't get any help (I was NOT naturally gifted!).
It seems silly to think that I didn't do any exercise at all from the age of 17 - 20 between when I left school and starting my Degree, all because I felt that I would be laughed at in gyms and stared at when running ect.
However, I started running whilst taking part in a 4 mile fun run, I thought it would be easy, that 4 miles isn't far and that I would be finished in about 35 minutes! How wrong was I. It took me 54 minutes with a mixture of running, jogging and walking and I was over taken by children no older than 5 (Cringe)! I've improved a lot since then I'm pleased to say but it took me a lot of effort to overcome my bad attitude towards exercise which I gained at school.
Personally I can't stand working out in the gym, I find it boring and repetitive. I love running since gaining some confidence and self belief by running with others and not letting myself quit. I also do a few home weight sessions (no longer than 20 minutes) using some fitness equipment and body weight which I don't find boring.
There is so much choice and variety when it comes to exercise which doesn't limit you to being in the gym. Workout in the home or outdoors to mix things up or join different fitness classes.
Since becoming a Personal Trainer I have discovered many different ways to exercise and have regular clients who told me at the start that they didn't like any form of exercise. They have tried lots of things, some which didn't suit and some which did. The persistence to keep going and trying new things is the key to successfully finding a type of exercise that you like, I call it "finding your fitness". Be sure to change your routine every 4 - 6 weeks to prevent the body from becoming bored and hitting a plateau or even regressing for example add a class into a gym program or add a speed session into a long distance running program.
No matter what your mindset towards exercise is or how long it will take to actually enjoy exercise I can promise that it is worth it in the end. Keep persisting and keep pushing towards your overall fitness goal. You CAN achieve.
I hope you can relate to this blog, take something positive from it and maybe try something new. You never know .. You might like it!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, If you would like any information about my fitness business then visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, Find me on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or Follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT.
No comments:
Post a Comment