Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Marathon update Jan 2014

Hi again, hope you're not getting bored of these updates!

Since my last update I have had a "running rest day" and a running day.

Yesterday was my rest day, though I wanted to go for a run I resisted temptation and looked for something which I can do at home. I decided on Yoga - I've never been any good at it, my flexibility needs a lot of work but I thought since I wasn't keen on Pilates I thought I'd give this a go instead. I was amazed to find that I could manage just about all of the "beginner poses" with one exception - I've not been able to do the splits for at least 8 years.

Yoga seemed to go well, especially with the help of my puppy Mollie jumping on me, licking me, lying under me etc and since she was such a good help I took her for a walk / run with her ball.

Plenty of protein for lunch after this - ANYTHING to help my body recover is good with me!

Today I did a very slow mile this morning, half a mile sprinting with the dog this afternoon and a 3 mile run this evening with a client which was nice. Running is a very lonely sport at times and it is nice to have someone to talk to!

Hip feeling fine now but whilst on the 3 mile run it felt a little iffy - I put that down to the first  mile and a half being up hill. I've done some proper stretches once again tonight and with any luck I will be able to get a long run in on Thursday.

Check back soon for more updates and thank you for coming back to share my journey with me :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment