Thursday, 14 February 2013

diet and training plans

Good afternoon everyone, Happy Valentines day! Today im here to share with you part of my own training plans. I am running the Edinburgh Marathon Festival half marathon in May so Im getting my training plans and 'runners diet' sorted out now. When I say runners diet I only mean increased carbohydrates on days I run more than 6.2 miles or 10km. I have signed up to both EMF and BUPA training tips and route planners - I find that if I run with my ipod or phone that I get cramps in my shoulders and arm from bad running form.

I will be running for my own training 4 times per week and cross training 2 times per week. I always stick by the rule of having at least 1 day off per week to give my body time to adapt and change. I am including interval training and body strength to increase my running time and cross training to increase my strength and endurance.

I am aiming for sub 2 hours for both half marathons which I am taking part in this year (My last GNR time was 2.26!), hopefully with an improvement in time from EMF for the Great North Run. Im running for Macmillan Cancer Care in the EMF half and Diabetes UK for the GNR, both charities are very close to my heart and both causes affect people who are close to me in my life and im proud to be raising money for both.

I will be starting my running groups (Couch to 5km or Couch to 10km depending on who wants to take part) in 2 weeks time and im super excited to get started. Im also planning to set up a small fun run, either 3km or 5km. It will be suitable for experienced runners, new runners and families. I think we could do with a lot more family fitness events around to get good education out to families so I hope my event will be a big success!

Enough from me for today, I would hate to think im rambling for the sake of it! Please feel free to leave comments if you can relate to anything that I've written, leave suggestions and keep checking back for more updates!

My Personal  Training website is www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find me on Facebook - search Bx3 Personal Training and follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT.

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment