Saturday, 23 February 2013

Ditch the scales for less stress.

Today I'm aiming my blog very heavily at women - sorry lads, keep reading though, it is worth it :-). I`m doing this because I know that women, particularly women trying to lose weight, mentally abuse themselves with the number on the scales (stereotypically).

I understand how easily it is to become addicted to the scales, especially if you've been working hard, eating healthily and are excited to see how much you've lost. However I also understand the sheer devastation when you haven't lost as much as you had hoped.

Through personal experience I know that the number on the scale can take a firm hold and can completely make or break your day. It used to cause interference with my mental ability to carry on with healthy eating / exercise programs which sent me back to the food I was eating before my "health kick" started which made all of my hard work a waste.

I ditched the scales about 8 months ago after a vicious cycle of checking my weight on a daily basis. Now I use measurements, especially with my clients. What sounds better? A loss of 3lbs or a loss of 12 inches? I certainly think 12 inches sounds better. It helps you to stay motivated to carry on with whatever you are doing to lose more weight and inches.

Tip for the day - If you are trying to lose weight, remove those scales from your house! Take two weekly or monthly measurements from your arms, stomach, hips and thighs for a nice basic idea of what your healthy lifestyle is doing to your body.

It is all about feeling and looking good not being defined by a number.

Check out my website for more details www.bx3pt.moonfruit.co.uk. Find me on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training and follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT for more handy tips!

I hope you can take something positive from this. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for Sharing nice information this blog. I am very impressed your blog. your information is very useful for me.


    Fitness Club in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can take something positive from it and think that it is good :-). Thank you for your feedback

    ReplyDelete