Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Diet

Hi everyone,

Today I want to you to think about fad diets. Have you ever been at a point when you've thought enough is enough and gone on a diet? I certainly have, I lasted for about a week until I was back to my usual bad habits.

I believe that these some of these diets and mobile applications out there today can be good at helping you track your food but do they make you obsessive about what and how much you eat?

I find that diets are a quick fix, they can help you to lose weight by shocking your system into change by cutting out all of the "bad things" and I bet you are thinking - if it works then why not keep doing it? Your body will eventually have a plateau which is when your progress will stop. This means that something has to change - but what? You've already cut the bad foods out.

I know lots of people who have had great success on a diet of one kind or another (well done to them) but what happens when you get to your goal weight? Do you stay on the diet forever? If you come off a diet the danger is always that you will put the weight back on, which is unfortunately what happens to a lot of people.

The scale could of course go the other way and the diet can cause lots of mental and physical damage and you might be left struggling to put weight back on to keep yourself healthy.

My perspective is that a balanced diet, eating lots of fresh food and lean meats as a base is required for a healthy body. DO NOT under any circumstance stop allowing yourself treats - don't call them cheat meals - a relationship doesn't work when you cheat so don't cheat on your body or your diet! You only have one body, it is absolutely vital to look after it the way it deserves, it is what keeps you alive after all.

My favourite meal is duck in cantonese sauce with mushrooms and rice which is incredibly fatty but it does my body no harm as the rest of my diet is good, sensible and healthy.

Think about your diet, is it good? Do you feel happy with you daily energy? Could it be better? Help yourself by getting to know your body and treat it with respect.

If you want anymore information on diets, training or my fitness business visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find my on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on Twitter - @Bx3_PT for handy tips and advice.

Thank you for taking time to read this blog, come back for more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment