Thursday, 20 June 2013

Marathon training update 20/06/13

Hi everyone, welcome to my latest marathon training update. 

My last update was Friday of last week and I was about to go out with a client. We did 3.3 miles around the town and walked for 3 minutes of the time which she was really Impressed with. 

On Saturday I went out with a client and did just under 2 miles jog and walk, then I took my dog out for just under 2 miles also. 

I rested on Sunday, caught up with my work and rested my shin. 

On Monday I went out with a client for a steady 7 miles, it was very humid and our legs felt like lead BUT we did it! 

I did 3.71 miles with another client (on a personal couch to 5km course) on Tuesday, we did 5km in 29 minutes 17 seconds with an average pace of 9 minutes 46 seconds per mile. My shin was killing after it so unfortunately, I missed my session at the Harriers. 

On Wednesday I went out with a different client to do 6.7 miles in preparation for the Great North 10km which is on Sunday! We did it in a nice steady 1 hour 40 minutes. 

Today I have my Harriers session later on  and I hope that we are doing a hill session so I can do a last bit of speed work before the race. I say that now, I will probably regret it tomorrow! 

I am running the GN10km for Diabetes UK, as I do for all of my BUPA races. My best time for 10km is 1 hour 1 minute and 27 seconds so I am aiming for 59 minutes 59 seconds or less! I have never done a 10km organised race before so I'm very excited! 

Come back soon for more updates on my training and see IF I can reach my goal of 59 minutes 59 seconds! 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

If you would like any information about my fitness business then visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find me on Facebook by Searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment