Monday, 10 June 2013

Marathon training updates 10/06/13

Hi everyone, thank you for such a positive response to my marathon training updates so far! 

I last updated on Friday after a nice 3 miles with a client. Felt pretty good on Saturday, no shin related problems which are worth noting.

On Saturday I did 3.12 miles in the scorching sun, down by the river. It took 34 minutes which is a fairly normal time for me, i didn't push myself too hard but i was still absolutely melting when I got home. They do say the more you sweat the more you can eat so it can't be a bad thing. ;-) 

I went home and had some lunch, took my dog out in the gorgeous Watergate Park for 2 miles with a friend which was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. :-) 

I finished my day off with another 5km run with a client, still in warm weather but not as bad as the morning session.

I rested on Sunday and today I have been doing some gardening but i will be doing a HITT circuit (High Intensity Interval Training) this evening to keep up my muscular strength and to improve it a little. I may well go for a run but tomorrow I have a 5km run and a Harriers session straight after and I can't wait to see what is in store for me! An educated guess tells me that it will be a speed session! (if I rest today after my circuit I might have a good chance of doing the speed session).

I have the Bupa Great North 10km race coming up in 2 weeks and I am running for Diabetes UK. I'm hoping for a sub 60 minute result because my speed is improving from training with the Harriers BUT I have been told there is a HUGE hill at the end ... I think I know which one it is and I don't rate my chances very high! Despite that I'm very excited about it, it's a race I have never done before and I will be starting with my friends for the first time ever because some of them are doing it too :-) 

I have even made a "race diary" (pictured below) telling me which races are on in my area between now and October in an attempt to keep my training mojo up - once I lose my mojo it takes a lot to get it back!! I am even debating whether or not to do the Newcastle Stampede Obstacle Race again or not, I've done it once and swore I would never do it again because I shredded my knee on a rock but I'm much fitter now and feel a little more brave! 

Thank you for taking time to read my updates, come back in a few days to catch up, I have two harriers sessions this week as well as lots of training runs alone :-) 

If you would like any information about my fitness business or handy hints or tips about fitness / diet then please visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find me on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on twitter @Bx3_PT. 





No comments:

Post a Comment