Hi everyone, here is the latest update on my marathon training for you.
I rested on Monday after rearranging my jogging group which was nice, I felt like my shin was normal again for a small amount of time.
I did a session with a client on Tuesday, we ran / walked just over 5km in 33 minutes 22 seconds with an average pace of 10 minutes 34 per mile.
Following that I did a harriers session which consisted of a 2 mile warm up, then a sprint session on the field and a lap of the track to cool down. It was brutal but all in all I covered 4.5 miles.
On Wednesday I had a nice rest during the day and went for a walk in Morpeth with my dog. In the evening I went out with a client for a 10km (or 6.2 miles) but I overestimated the route and it turned out to be just over 11km (or 7.33 miles) with an average pace of 10 minutes 32 seconds per mile. We both enjoyed it despite the heavy downpour of rain which came at mile 4 and stayed right until we finished - motivation to keep running if I ever did feel it!
I was very sore on Thursday morning, both my shin and a newly formed blister on the end of my toe were killing. I rested and iced my shin during the day and included a little bit of foam rolling to ensure it was going to be ok for my harriers session.
I went to the Harriers that evening, joined up to the club officially and got my race vest ready for when I decide to compete (might not be for a while!). We then did a 2 mille warm up which took me 17 minutes and I was elated - fastest 2 miles I've done in a long time and my shin was holding up well. We then did a sprint session on the field followed by a sprint session on a steep hill followed by a sprint session on the field to finish.
After the session I was fit for absolutely nothing, topped up on protein and relaxed for the rest if the night.
Today I have done 1 mile with a client and will be going out again later on to do another 3.7 miles.
I have more sessions over the weekend so come back to keep track.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you want any information on my fitness business then visit my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find me on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on Twitter - @Bx3_PT.
No comments:
Post a Comment