Hi everyone,
I thought I would update you on my marathon training.
In my last blog I was waiting to go to my session with Elswick Harriers. I was really worried about the session because I was told that is pretty tough going and I thought my shin might not be ok for high intensity.
The session was speed work which I have NEVER been particularly good at - I've always thought of myself as a jogger! I was advised that because I have a shin splint, sprint work wouldn't be a good idea so to my relief I went out for a run with a few members who weren't doing sprints either. I did 4.95 miles in 48.48 which is really fast for me! Averaged less than 10 minute mile pace which I was delighted with so ladies if you are reading this - thank you for helping me do that!!
My shin was very sore on Wednesday and Thursday so I stayed away from running and unfortunately missed a Harriers session on Thursday night. I did walks with the dog, 2 hrs of circuits and a gym session though which helped me mentally be able to miss my running sessions (running is a VERY mental sport, because I'm in a routine which doesn't involve much resting time I felt like I needed something to replace it!) - I definitely have runners OCD and I'm sure a lot of other runners can relate to the down feeling that comes with missing a session.
I returned to running today (Friday 7th) and did a steady 3.71 miles with a PT client in 41 minutes. So far my shin hasn't objected - TOUCH WOOD! I have 3 miles to do with 2 clients tomorrow which will be great providing my shin stays happy.
I'm going to get my fill of protein now in the form of an omelette!
Thanks for taking time to read this.
If you want some information about my Personal Training Business then please check out my website www.bx3pt.moonfruit.com, find me on Facebook by searching Bx3 Personal Training or follow me on Twitter @Bx3_PT
Hope you check back soon for updates :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment